Instruments Student Award for
Research on NDT of Concrete
Applications are invited for the 2008 ACI-James Instruments Student
Award for Research on NDT of Concrete for original research on
nondestructive testing of concrete. The award is sponsored by James
Instruments, Inc., a Chicago-based manufacturer and distributor of NDT
systems, and it will be given by ACI Committee 228, Nondestructive
- Cash prize of $800
- Engraved certificate provided by ACI Headquarters.
- ACI student membership for one year if still enrolled in an
- To stimulate student interest in the area of
nondestructive testing (NDT) of concrete materials and structures.
- To recognize meritorious and innovative research in
concrete and concrete materials using NDT methods.
- To publicize the field of NDT and the work of ACI Committee
- To recognize the support given by the sponsor to students
working on NDT research.
- The research work shall have been performed by a student
while enrolled in a degree program (graduate or undergraduate) at an
accredited institution of higher education.
The research should be on a topic related to nondestructive
testing of concrete. Research must focus on or possibly lay the
foundation for the development of an NDT method for concrete.
- The applicant need not be enrolled at time of submission,
but the work must have been performed (completed) within two years of
the date of submission.
- Work shall be both original and innovative.
- The submission consists of a technical paper conforming to
the style and standards of the ACI Journal. The student shall be the
primary author of the paper.
Papers must be submitted to Dirk Heidbrink by December 5,
2008. The award will be presented at the 2008 ACI Annual Convention.
Electronic submittals WILL NOT be accepted.
F. Dirk Heidbrink
Wiss Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
330 Pfingsten Rd
Northbrook, IL 60062
Phone: (847) 753-6569
Fax: (847) 291-9599